EfS Research Day | 29th May
The Initiative EfS is organizing the EfS research Day 2019 which will take place on World Energy Day celebrated on May 29, 2019, at 2 pm at the Amphitheater 3.1 Civil Engineering Department (DEC-UC) of the University of Coimbra. The event aims to showcase the ongoing research at the University of Coimbra (UC) in the Energy field and is organized by the Energy for Sustainability Initiative at the UC.
At the end of the event, the winners of the 4th Photo Contest " IV Concurso Amador de Fotografia Iniciativa EfS 2019" organized by the Initiative and sponsored by the Order of Engineers-Central Region will be announced, and the prizes of the photography competition will be awarded. Also, a photography exhibition of the contest will be inaugurated at the Coffee-break of the Research Day. The exhibition includes the awarded photos and a selection of photos distinguished by the jury of the contest.
Admittance is free, but prior registration is required. Please fill in the form at https://forms.gle/b99zLZ5e7X6m24Ze6 until May 27, 2019!
The event is organized by the Committee for Scientific Research and Outreach (CICLE in Portuguese) of the Initiative EfS-UC.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Research Day - PROGRAM
14h00 | Opening
14h15 | Lecture | ENERGY SOCIAL TARIFFS IN PORTUGAL – PREVALENCE AND IMPACT-Rita Martins
14h45 | session 1 |chair: Luís Dias
- A PROJECT TO PROMOTE COLLEGE STUDENTS’ PRO-ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE: AN ASSESSMENT AND EXPLORATION TOOL ON ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABLE BEHAVIOURS – Maria São João Breda
- WHAT’S IN THE BEHAVIOURAL INSIGHTS’ APPROACH - FOR ENABLING EFFICIENT AND SUSTAINABLE ENERGY USE? – Armando Oliveira
- A CONTRIBUTION OF TRADE OPENNESS TO CONSUMPTION OF NON-RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES IN LATIN AMERICAN & CARIBBEAN COUNTRIES: A PARDL AND PNARDL APPROACH - Matheus Koengkan
- VALUING AND COMMUNICATING MULTIPLE BENEFITS OF ENERGY-EFFICIENCY MEASURES – João Fong
15h45 | Coffee-break | exhibit 3rd photo contest
16h15 | session 2 |chair: Inês Simões
- EXPERIMENTAL EVALUATION OF THE INFLUENCE OF A WET WEATHER PERIOD ON THE HEAT TRANSFER ACROSS A WALL COVERED WITH UNCOATED MEDIUM DENSITY EXPANDED CORK – Rosário Fino
- A LOW-COST EMBEDDED IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATED HOME ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – Pedro Magalhães
- LARGE SCALE ENERGY STORAGE ROLES IN FUTURE ELECTRICITY GRIDS – António Gomes Martins
- SCHEDULING APPLIANCES FOR OPTIMIZED HOME ENERGY MANAGEMENT – Alberto Cardoso
- ENERGY EFFICIENT COMMUNICATIONS IN SMART CITIES –José Luis Santos
17h30 | Award of the EfS 2019 Photography Contest