National Applicants or Equivalent
The national students that have accomplished secondary education in
Portugal or at Portuguese schools may apply to Portuguese Higher
Students who have not Portuguese nationality can also apply if they meet the following requirements:
- EU Member States nationals (check the list EU Member-States here);
- Non-EU Member State nationals who are
legally(1) living in Portugal for a period of more than two years,
uninterruptedly, on the 31st of August of the year they are intending to
access Higher Education, as well as their children legally living with
- Applicants to Higher Education under
special access regimes negotiated between the Portuguese State and their
home countries, namely the special access and admission systems,
regulated by the Decree-Law no. 393-A/99 , amended by Decree-Law
- International mobility students under an exchange agreement with the referred purpose.
(1) The time of the residence permit for studies does not account for the time of legal residence in Portugal.