University of Coimbra welcomes Chinese students!

Visa request

To study or carry out research activities in Portugal, you need to request a visa to the nearest Portuguese Consulate/ Embassy of your city of residence.

ATTENTION: the tourist visa is not suitable for citizens who will follow studies or conduct research during a period of more than 90 days and it is not possible to obtain another visa or change the visa type once in Portugal. Those requests/ changes can only be made in the citizens’ home country according to the law in force.

If you are from Mainland China, please check the website of the Consular Section of the Portuguese Embassy in Beijing.

If you are from Macao or Hong Kong, please check the website of the General Consulate of Portugal for Macao and Hong Kong.

Should you need help, contact the International Relations Unit by email: international-students@uc.pt