Additional application requirements
Applicants from China must have a secondary school graduation diploma and the minimum Gaokao, Liankao, Macao Joint Admission Examination (JAE), A-Level or IB scores as explained in this page.
Additionally, nationality, language and specific degree pre-requisites apply, as described in this page.
* Pursuant to point e) of article 2 of Law no. 37/2006, of August 9.
** The time of residence with residence permit for studies, granted by the Immigration and Borders Service of Portugal, even if duly proven, does not account for the purposes of this paragraph.
Enrolment in any 1st cycle or integrated master programme of the UC requires independent proficiency in the Portuguese language. Applicants with less than the required level for direct entry in the degree programmes must follow a prior language and subject orientation course, as described below.
Applicants with B2 level proficiency in Portuguese
Students with independent proficiency in the Portuguese language (B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) can enrol directly in any 1st cycle or integrated master programme of the UC. Applicants must present a "DIPLE" (Intermediate Diploma of Portuguese as a Foreign Language) or a B2 level certificate issued by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of UC (FLUC) or self-declare that they have B2 level or higher proficiency level in Portuguese and submit to a Portuguese language exam upon arrival.
Applicants with B1 level proficiency in Portuguese
Applicants who have only an intermediate level of proficiency in Portuguese (B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), may apply as long as they agree to enrol in an annual Portuguese language course at UC as specified below:
a) This course is lectured at FLUC and is subject to the payment of a fee as indicated in the Course web page.
b) This course can be followed during the first year of the degree programme in which the applicants are registered;
c) At the end of the first year, FLUC informs the academic services of UC about the achievement or non-achievement of the applicants regarding the B2 level of proficiency.
As long as the B2 level is not achieved, the applicants must re-enrol in the Portuguese language course until that level of proficiency is achieved.
Applicants without B1 level proficiency in Portuguese
Applicants without B1 level proficiency in Portuguese must follow the Foundation Year Programme in Portuguese Language at FLUC.
a) The enrolment in the course is subject to the payment of a fee as indicated in the tuition fees page.
b) If the applicants are placed in the degree programme to which they applied for, they must proceed with the enrolment and pre-registration. This pre-registration is subject to the payment of a registration fee as indicated in the tuition fees page.
c) The confirmation of registration is dependent on the achievement of the B1 level of proficiency in Portuguese.
d) If the confirmation referred to in the sub-paragraph c) does not occur, the placement of the applicants is delayed one year, during which the applicants have to re-enrol in Foundation Year Programme - Portuguese Language; the actual registration in the degree programme is always subject to the approval of the applicants in the language course.
e) The payment mentioned in sub-paragraph b) is transferred to the student account in the academic information system of UC and its reimbursement is not applicable.
f) The balance of the student account in the academic information system of UC can be used by them to make any necessary payments to UC within a maximum time limit of 3 years.
g) The applicants who are not able to have their registration confirmed must make a new application to a new special call in case they're still interested in enrolling in the degree programme.
As long as the B1 level is not achieved, the applicants must re-enrol in the Foundation Year Programme in Portuguese Language until that level of proficiency is achieved.
1. Pre-requisites are capacities of functional, physical, sport, interpersonal, and vision nature, which are required by some degree programmes. These degree programmes are listed in the pre-requisites page.
2. The applicants who are not able to present a proof of pre-requisites in the moment of the application must self-declare that they have them. The confirmation of those pre-requisites is done after the arrival of the students, upon appointment made by the university services, within the maximum time limit of three months after the start of the classes:
3. The evaluation and confirmation of the pre-requisites regarding Group C - Functional, Physical and Sports Fitness is done by the Faculty of Sport Sciences and Physical Education of UC (FCDEF) and they're subject to the payment of a fee as indicated in the tuition fees page.
4. The evaluation and confirmation of the pre-requisites regarding Group B - Interpersonal Communication and Group D - Vision Capacity are done by a doctor registered in the Portuguese Medical Association or by the Medical Services of the UC. In this case, it is subject to the payment of a fee as indicated in the tuition fees page.
|If you meet the requirements described above, go to the application page.|