16ICHSCR will take place in Coimbra, which is located ~200 km (approximately two hours by train) north of Lisbon and ~120 km (approximately one hour by train) south of Oporto.
Traveling by train to Coimbra
From Lisbon Airport:
- Take the airport shuttle "AeroShuttle" to the Oriente Railway Station (do not take the shuttle called "AeroBus", unless you want to go to the city center). The AeroShuttle bus service runs every 30 mins, between 7am and 11pm, and the journey to the Oriente Railway Station takes 15 mins.
- Alternatively, take a metered taxi to the Oriente Railway Station. There are two taxi stands at the airport, one at the Arrivals and the other at the Departures). At the start, the fare on the taxi meter should read 2,50 EUR (daytime pick-up). Outside the city limits, city fares are charged per kilometer. Transportation of luggage or animals is charged an extra 1,60 EUR. An additional 20% is charged for services on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and for nighttime service (9pm to 6am). Enquire about the fare before taking the taxi. You can get more information or purchase a Taxi Voucher at the Tourism Information Counter in the airport's Arrivals Hall.
- At the Oriente Railway Station, take a train to Coimbra (~2H to Coimbra). Choose a "Alfa Pendular" or "Intercidades" train. For reservations, information on train timetables and ticket prices, please visit CP - Comboios de Portugal.
From Oporto Airport:
- At the Light-Rail Metro Station in Oporto Airport, take an E line (Violet) light-rail train to the Campanhã Railway Station in Oporto (~30 mins). For tickets and prices, please visit Metro do Porto.
- At the Campanhã Railway Station, take a train to Coimbra (~1H to Coimbra). Choose a "Alfa Pendular" or "Intercidades" train. For reservations, information on train timetables and ticket prices, please visit CP - Comboios de Portugal.
Traveling by car to Coimbra
|At both Lisbon and Oporto airports there are several Rent-a-Car stands (please see Rent-a-Car at Lisbon Airport and Rent-a-Car at Oporto Airport). At the airport exit follow the indications to the A1 Motorway towards Oporto ("Porto") if leaving from Lisbon Airport, or towards Lisbon ("Lisboa") if leaving from the Oporto Airport (the A1 motorway goes from Lisbon to Oporto through Coimbra), and take the first exit to Coimbra. You can have more travel information at Wikitravel and detailed travel directions at Google Maps.|
Please note: 16ICHSCR is not responsible for the content of external websites.