MSc in Geospatial Information Engineering
General Objectives of the Course
The Master in Geospatial Information Engineering aims to train professionals with skills to collect, process and analyse geospatial data; management and provision of geospatial information; as well as the creation of applications and web services associated with this type of information.
Learning Objectives and Intended Skills
The learning objectives are focused on acquiring skills to respond to current market needs related to the use of geospatial data and information. It is intended that the MSc in Geospatial Information Engineering acquires competences for:
- Planning and execution of geospatial data collection with various technologies (namely the global satellite navigation system, total stations, photogrammetric and laser scanning systems or information made available voluntarily by citizens);
- Processing of geospatial data collected by positioning systems and optical, laser and radar sensors, namely multispectral images collected by sensors placed on spatial or terrestrial platforms, aerial or terrestrial photographs or clouds of 3D points collected with laser scanning systems;
- Conception of geographic information systems and geospatial data infrastructures;
- Integration of geospatial data into information systems;
- Exploitation and analysis of geospatial data;
- Quality control of geospatial information and cartographic products;
- Integrating geospatial intelligence into decision-making processes.
Cidália Costa Fonte (Coordinator)
Alberto Cardoso (Vice-Coordinator)