Francisco Oliveira has a Degree in Mathematics from University of Minho, Portugal; a Master degree in Computational Methods and a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from University of Porto, Portugal. He had a doctoral scholarship for his PhD from Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian. He is currently Invited Auxiliary Researcher at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Coimbra.
Scientific Interest: Image processing, analysis and quantification; Machine learning; Optimization; PET and SPECT imaging; Compartmental models; Parkinson and Alzheimer diseases.
5 Keys Publications:
1) Francisco P. M. Oliveira, Miguel Castelo-Branco. Computer-aided diagnosis of Parkinson's disease based on [123I]FP-CIT SPECT binding potential images, using the voxels-as-features approach and support vector machines. Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 026008, 2015.
2) Francisco P. M. Oliveira, Diogo Borges Faria, Durval C. Costa, João Manuel R. S. Tavares. A robust computational solution for automated quantification of a specific binding ratio based on [123I]FP-CIT SPECT images. Quarterly Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 74-84, 2014.
3) Francisco P. M. Oliveira, João Manuel R. S. Tavares. Medical image registration: a review. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 73-93, 2014.
4) Francisco P. M. Oliveira, João Manuel R. S. Tavares, Todd C. Pataky. Rapid pedobarographic image registration based on contour curvature and optimization. Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 42, no. 15, pp. 2620-2623, 2009.
5) Francisco P. M. Oliveira, João Manuel R. S. Tavares. Algorithm of dynamic programming for optimization of the global matching between two contours defined by ordered points. Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 1-11, 2008.
Phone Number: +351 239488510
Office: ICNAS Building
|Connecting Research and Researcher|
ORCID ID | ResearchGate | DeGois