OTHER INFORMATION FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
Dear Student, welcome to our Faculty!
We wish you enjoy your stay!
Please, take notice of some of the information and procedures you must complete when you arrive at our University/Faculty:
B – Confirm if your first study plan remains possible. Check the timetables and other information - here.
C - The Departmental Coordinator at the Faculty may help you to decide your final study plan.
D - After making your final choice:
. check wich forms are required (by FPCE-UC and by your home university);
. fill in the forms;
. get them signed by the Dep. Coordinator;
. send them to your home university to be signed by your Coordinator at your home university.
. give a copy of the document with the three signatures (or send it by email) to the FPCE-UC
E - DRI will give you instructions concerning a new e-mail account that will give you access to our student's web service: Inforestudante
- Here you will find all the information about classes, you will register for the
exams, receive academic and administrative information, etc.
. DEADLINE FOR CHANGES TO THE CURRICULAR PLAN: One month after the date of your arrival!
- Students must ensure that any change to the original Learning Agreement is approved by their home university and by the University of Coimbra.
- Every new change to your plan must be registered in a new form and it must be accepted and signed by the local Depart. Coordinator (FPCE-UC) and the home university.
. CLASSES ARE LECTURED IN PORTUGUESE – However, the majority of our scientific bibliography is in English. Also, most of our teachers agree to tutor ERASMUS / mobility students.
. If you feel difficulties with the Portuguese Language, in the first day of each curricular course you attend, you must talk to the teacher, explain that you are an ERASMUS / mobility student and ask if it is possible to be assessed in another language.
. Portuguese Language Courses – The University of Coimbra offers free Portuguese Language Courses for ERASMUS students during each semester. If you wish to attend one of these. For that, you must apply for it at Faculdade de Letras (Língua Portuguesa para ERASMUS)
. REGISTRATION IN PRACTICES:- If a curricular units has practice components, you should register in one of them.
.You will do it in your Inforestudante, on a given day.
. The date to do this will be reported to you by email notification in your Inforestudante (in September for the 1st semester and in February for the 2nd semester). Usually, this registration period lasts only one day.
. After that date you will be subject to the surplus vacancies and you must contact the International Relations FPCE - SA FPCE for registration.
- At the beginning of each semester, students must choose between a Periodical or a Final evaluation process and must communicate their choice to the teacher of each curricular unit (use this form).
. Periodical Assessment (Avaliação Periódica) – The assessement is carried out along the class period, according to the teachers’ information.
. Final Assessment (Avaliação Final) - The student will do a final exam at the end of the semester.
- The information about the Exams Calendar is available in our website
- Each student has 2 opportunities to be assessed in the curricular units:
A: Periodical Assessment or Final Exam (Regular Season)
B: Recovery Exam Season (Students may use this season if they fail before (A) or if they wish to improve their marks. This season may also be used as an alternative to the other assessment opportunities (A). In this case the student will only have one chance to pass the exam).
- Registration in the exams is compulsory and it is done in the Inforestudante.
.It is each students’ responsibility to do this procedure on time: till 3 working days before the day of the exam.
- Incoming students may try improve their mark in the Recovery Exam Season.
- There is no other assessment period opened to mobility students. The so called "Época Especial" is only available for students in special situations (student's leaders, high competition athlets, etc.)
. BEFORE RETURNING HOME!
- Please check with the International Relations Office at the Faculty if your file is complete (changes to the initial study plan, etc.)
Don´t forget to go to Casa da Lusofonia to take the last documents (Documento de Partida)
. TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS!
- In due time, DRII will send your Transcript of Records to your University, by email.
- If your University needs to have your Transcript of Records in paper, it should specifically request this, directly to DRI, through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, help us to improve this webpage! We will welcome your suggestions. Contact us: email@example.com