|Project References||Principal Investigator||Dates|
|The Gate of the Priests. Bab el-Gasus project: Funeral pragmatics of the ancient egyptian (religious) elite in the Third Intermediate Period||2014-____|
The Gate of the Priests is an international project based on CECH-UC, involving the University of Leiden, the National Museum of Antiquities of Leiden, the Vatican Museums and the University of California - Los Angeles. Its main purpose is to recreate/reconstruct the original integrity of the Egyptian burials dating to the Third Intermediate Period, namely the collective tomb of the priests and priestesses of Amun (Bab el-Gasus), the tomb DB 320, the Royal Tombs of Tanis among other burial assemblages.
- Inventory of the find of Bab el-Gasus and other funerary assemblages from the Third Intermediate Period.
- Recreation of the original archaeological context of the objects found in the tomb;
- Publication of monograph studies and catalogues;
- Organization of colloquia and symposia;
- Increase cooperation between museums sharing objects from Bab el-Gasus.
Conferences & Simposia