- PTW – Biotools for a sustainable supply of tungsten from biodetection to bioleaching and biorecovery. PTDC/AAGREC/3839/2014 (POCI-01-0145-FEDER-016757)
- ERA-MIN – Recognition of microbial functional communities and assessment of the mineralizing potential (bioleaching) for hightech critical metals. ERA-MIN/0002/2015
- FCT PhD Progamme 2016 – New bacterial strategies for Tellurium bioleaching and high value nanoparticle production. SFRH/BD/124091/2016
- CRUP – Geomicrobiological tools for the recovery of resources from industrial residual fluxes (A-02/17). 01/01/2017-31/12/2018
- MICROPOLE - INNO INDIGO – coordenator ZEuUS (Harald Weigand) - Mitigation of Chromate Groundwater Pollution from the Production of Leather Tanning Chemicals.
- Martinamor granite: study of the natural stone for the preservation of historical buildings in Salamanca province. Submitted to the Regional Government of Castilla y Leon, Spain.
- European Project Horizon 2020 "Flexible and Mobile Economic Processing Technologies", "FAME", Call H2020-SC5-2014-one-stage, Funding scheme: Research and Innovation action. Leader of two tasks.
- ArsTOOL-Construction of a bioacumulator for bioremediation of arsenic. PTDC/BIA-MIC/114958/2009 162 000 euros (ended 2014).