The mission and goals of CIEPQPF are:
- Consolidate the accumulated know-how in a number of critical areas in Chemical Engineering and related fields, by increasing the research quality carried out in the centre. This goal can be accomplished by: (i) taking advantage of the available analytical equipment and prototypes, (ii) by binding the research group activities around common objectives, and (iii) by promoting the integration of interdisciplinary problem solving approaches.
- Contribute to the development of integrated approaches for materials, product and chemical plant design and development, bridging fundamental science and technological applications.
- Reduce the environmental impact of chemical processes and contributing for the development of greener ways of production, namely in new fuels and pollutants recovery.
- Reinforce multilateral cooperation between CIEPQPF and other national and international research centres and industries. Promote and intensify extensive scientific cooperation with European and worldwide R&D centres.
- Provide sound technological support to industrial partners by strengthening the efforts of applied development with industry in consortium projects.
- Provide specialized training courses, organization of informative initiatives for the community namely, secondary school teachers and students to spread information of the centre existence and objectives.