Training by research will be complemented by formal courses including short courses in soft skills.
The 2 ESRs are registered for the Doctoral Program in Chemical Engineering at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. This program includes a period of formal lectures (30 ECTs) lasting 4 months, according to WP1, which comprises a course on Research methodologies. In this Doctoral Program there is another compulsory course (30 ECTs) leading to the Thesis Project. This course is directed to the establishment of the background for the development of the PhD thesis itself, including an appraisal of the state of art and definition of the thesis plan, as well as of the career development plan. The thesis project is discussed by each ESR, with an international jury, at the end of the first year of the Doctoral Program.
1. "Workshop - Emerging Pathways for young scientists" - Coimbra University, III, 31st October & November 1st, 2014 (ESR1 and ESR2)
2. Short course on "Communication Skills Development" – January 27th, 2015 (8 hours) – UC (Organization – SPI), ESR1 and ESR2
3. Short course on “Cellulose Technology” – April 21st to 23rd, 2015 (5 ECTs) – EPNOE – Abo Akademi University (http://users.abo.fi/jgustafs/CellTek/CellTech-Flyer_JG_2015.pdf), ESR1
4. Short course on “Entrepreneurship” – June 5th to 6th, 2015, AquaTech, ESR1 and ESR2
5. Lecture on "Biocidal Products Registration" by Lonza Industrial Water, Switzerland, September 29th, 2015
6. Short course on “Advanced Statistics” – January 27th and 28th, 2016, University of Coimbra, ESR1 and ESR2
7. Short Course on "Patent preparation” – September 2nd, 2016, Aqua+Tech, ESR1 and ESR2
8.Short course on " An Introduction to the Methodology for developing Life Cycle Analysis" - February 6th and 7th, 2017, University of Coimbra, ESR1 and ESR2
Each ESR will spend 50% of his/her contract time in the industrial partner AquaTech. Therefore, both ESRs will develop their training in an environment which allows coupling an academic vision with the private sector demands, following the production chain down to the client’s perspective. This will equip the ESRs with the competences to make them qualified professionals for the European job market.