RE: STUDENT MOBILITY WITHIN ERASMUS+/Other mobilities programs (2018/2019)
Bem vindo(a)! Welcome to Coimbra and the Faculty of Economics!
We would like to inform you that the application procedure at the University of Coimbra is mandatory in our online system: http://www.uc.pt/en/driic/estudantesIN/CandidatIN/
Please read carefully the application guide - http://www.uc.pt/en/driic/estudantesIN/application_guide_100317.pdf before starting the application and follow the instructions in order to fill in the forms correctly.
The deadlines for registration are:
1st semester (September 2017 – February 2018) and full year: 15th July 2017
2nd semester (February 2018 – July 2018): 15th December 2017
You can find the academic calendar 2018/19 at (Incoming Students ; http://www.uc.pt/feuc/informacoes/docs/2018-2019/calendarios/Calendario_Escolar_2018_19_FEUC_-_Semestral.pdf (Portuguese version).
You can find the updated information for 2018/2019 on our web site Incoming Students
The workload for one semester is 30 ECTS. You can either choose courses from the 1st cycle studies (in any of our 4 bachelor degrees) – http://www.uc.pt/feuc/licenciaturas , or from the 2nd cycle studies (Masters in Economics, Sociology and Management http://www.uc.pt/en/feuc/eea/ ). Regarding the 2nd cycle studies, only this three courses accept mobility students, since all other courses have restricted numerus clausus.
Some EXCEPTIONS may be considered, since previously requested and analysed by the corresponding coordination.
Please note that at FEUC ALL courses are lectured in Portuguese, except the ones listed at courses in English 2018/19.
Concerning all other courses lectured at the University of Coimbra you can find further/detailed information at: https://apps.uc.pt/courses/en/index?designacao=&uno_sigla=&cic_tipo=PRIMEIRO&submitform=Pesquisar
NB: Some of the courses listed here may not be lectured in 2018/2019 OR may have some restrictions that are not indicated
DO NOT FORGET to upload all documents into the system, namely the Transcript of Records and your picture.
You may also find relevant and practical information in our website to prepare your arrival http://www.uc.pt/international-applicants
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Com os melhores cumprimentos/Kind regards,
Dr. Margarida Santos
International Relations Officer
Dr. Sofia Antunes and Dr. Carla Melo
INCOMING / OUTGOING students’ officer
1. You may only apply within the ERASMUS+ programme, since an ERASMUS+ bilateral agreement within UC and your home university has been signed (and stills valid) within the study areas taught at FEUC, as following:
- 041/Business and Administration: 0413/Management and Administration
- 0312/Political Sciences and Civics (former International Relations)
- 0314/Sociology and Cultural Studies
2. International students from non-partner or from partner Universities, who have already used their opportunity of exchange, have the opportunity to study for one or two semesters at the University of Coimbra as FREE MOVERS students. Further information at http://www.uc.pt/en/driic/estudantesIN/Free_mover_Program
3. If you are not a European Citizen, after receiving the acceptance documents, you need to contact the nearest Portuguese Consulate/Embassy of your city of residence. Inform yourself about the types of visa that apply to your case and how you should proceed to obtain it in the web portal of the Portuguese Communities Office.
Please note that
without visa it will be impossible to register (after arrival) at the UC.
Coimbra, April 2018