The Research Unit Language, Interpretation and Philosophy
The Research Unit Language, Interpretation and Philosophy has its
home institution in the Philosophy Department of the Faculty of Arts,
University of Coimbra. Its research team is formed mostly by members of
this Department. However an effort has been made to enlarge its
scientific community, regarding both the research team and its group of
collaborators. It counts now among its members several researchers from
the Philosophy Department of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa and other
national and foreign Institutions - the publication online of the
commentary of the Conimbricenses on the De Anima and the translation
into Portuguese and the co-foundation of an Association (AKLB) to foster
the interaction and exchange of information between philosophers from
Brasil and Portugal supports such a claim.
The fundamental aims of the Research Unit are the following:
1. To support, increase, develop and co-ordinate the research activities of its members, sustaining the idea that a university is a scientific community, an open space and a forum dedicated to research, question and debate, and not a merely technical or professional educational center.
2. To co-ordinate the research activities of its members aiming at well defined research programmes but allowing some flexibility at the organizational level.
3. To enlarge its scientific community, reinforcing the support to the philosophical research activities also at the level of the post-graduation studies.
4. To make public and share with the national and international scientific community the results of its research, recurring both to the organization of events such as meetings, lectures and seminars and their paper or electronic edition.
5. To contribute to the establishment of a common European research space, collaborating accidentally or regularly with similar national and international units.
6. To support and reinforce the collaboration in research networks (in Portugal and abroad).