In this page you'll find the deadlines of the calls for undergraduate applications and of the publication of the results, as well as the list of documents you have to upload into the online application tool (check the link to the application tool below after the list of documents).
You'll also find information about the way the applications will be ranked.
Deadlines for the academic year 2018/2019
To be announced. Bookmark this page!
Deadlines for the academic year 2017/2018
2nd Call (new deadlines)
3rd Call (new deadlines)
List of documents to upload into the online application tool
1. Copy of Identity Document (Passport/ Foreign Identity Card)
2. Declaration on honour*, signed by the applicant, stating that he/she has not the Portuguese nationality, nor falls under any of the conditions that prevent him/her from applying to this competition, and that he/she has the necessary degree programme pre-requisites (when applicable) (MANDATORY)
3. "DEPLE" diploma (Elementary Diploma of Portuguese as a Foreign Language) or a B1 level certificate issued by Faculty of Arts and Humanities of UC; or a self-declaration* stating that the applicant has B1 level proficiency in Portuguese (MANDATORY whenever the applicant has not followed the secondary education in Portuguese and has or considers to have the B1 level)
4. "DIPLE" diploma (Intermediate Diploma of Portuguese as a Foreign Language) or a B2 level certificate issued by Faculty of Arts and Humanities of UC; or a self-declaration* stating that the applicant has B2 level proficiency in Portuguese (MANDATORY whenever the applicant has not followed the secondary education in Portuguese and has or considers to have the B2 level)
5. Document certifying the completion of the Portuguese secondary education (or equivalent) or a document certifying the completion of the Brazilian secondary education or other foreign secondary education qualification that gives access to higher education in the country in which it was obtained. The latter shall be validated by the competent authority of that country (usually the Official Education Services). (MANDATORY)
6. Self-declaration* stating the grades that the applicant has obtained in ENEM (in the case of Brazil). (MANDATORY when applicable)
7. Letter of recommendation for A-Level and International Baccalaureate (IB) applicants;
8. Document with the classifications (grades) obtained in the final exams of the A-Level General Certificate of Education, IB or in the Portuguese secondary education (“ENES”), which correspond to the admission exams for those holding a Portuguese secondary education diploma or for those holding a foreign secondary education diploma, who have made those Portuguese exams as self-proposed students. (MANDATORY when applicable)
The document referred to in paragraph 5 shall be translated whenever it is not issued in Portuguese, English, French or Spanish. It has also to be validated by the Consular Service or presented with the apostille of the Hague Convention affixed by the competent authority of the State that issued the document.
* The templates of the different declarations are available in the application tool.
>> Link to the online application tool (this link will open in a new page called "InforEstud@nte - UC". Please note that you have to create an account in this page before you enter the application tool)
At the end of the application process, you’ll be asked to pay the application fee. Check this page to learn about the modes of payment available.
If you have doubts, read the InforEstud@nate Application Guide or contact:
Admissions Office of the Academic Services of UC
Ranking of the applications
1. The ranking of the applications is done on a decreasing ranking order using the final classification (grade).
2. The final grade corresponds to the sum of the grades obtained in the admission exams, multiplied by the respective weighting factors.
Learn about other study opportunities (master, doctorate, research and student exchange)