As from 2014, the University of Coimbra organises a special call for applications to its 1st cycle and integrated master programmes for international students.
In order to apply, you'll have to meet the five requirements described in this page:
Other eligible profiles:
* The time of the residence permit for studies does not account for the time of legal residence in Portugal.
Secondary education diploma or equivalent qualification
Exams, grades and admission scores required by degree programme
The eligible grades of the admission exams are the ones obtained in 2018 or in the three previous civil years: 2017, 2016 or 2015.
The minimum admission score for applying to a degree programme is 120, except in the case of the A-Level qualification, according to the applicable Portuguese legislation.
Knowledge of the Portuguese language
1. The enrolment in any 1st cycle or integrated master programme of the UC requires independent proficiency in the Portuguese language (B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
2. The international applicants who have only an intermediate level of proficiency in Portuguese (B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), may apply to this special call as long as they agree to enrol in an Annual Portuguese Language Course at UC as specified in point 5 below.
3. Exceptionally, international applicants without B1 level proficiency in Portuguese, may also apply as long as they agree to enrol in the Foundation Year Programme in Portuguese Language at UC before they enrol in the degree programme to which they applied:
4. The applicants who have not followed their secondary education in Portuguese language must:
5. The applicants who have not followed their secondary education in Portuguese and do not present a "DIPLE" (Intermediate Diploma of Portuguese as a Foreign Language, B2 level), or a B2 level certificate issued by FLUC, must agree to enrol in an Annual Portuguese Language Course:
6. As long as the B2 level is not achieved, the applicants must re-enrol in the Portuguese language course until that level of proficiency is achieved.
7. The applicants who followed their secondary education in Portuguese may also be required to enrol in a B2 level course of Portuguese language if their proficiency level is deemed to be inferior:
1. Pre-requisites are capacities of functional, physical, sport, interpersonal, and vision nature, which are required by some degree programmes. These degree programmes are listed in the pre-requisites page.
2. The applicants who are not able to present a proof of pre-requisites in the moment of the application must self-declare that they have them. The confirmation of those pre-requisites is done after the arrival of the students, upon appointment made by the university services, within the maximum time limit of three months after the start of the classes:
3. The evaluation and confirmation of the pre-requisites regarding Group C - Functional, Physical and Sports Fitness is done by the Faculty of Sport Sciences and Physical Education of UC (FCDEF) and they're subject to the payment of a fee as indicated in the tuition fees page.
4. The evaluation and confirmation of the pre-requisites regarding Group B - Interpersonal Communication and Group D - Vision Capacity are done by a doctor registered in the Portuguese Medical Association or by the Medical Services of the UC. In this case, it is subject to the payment of a fee as indicated in the tuition fees page.
If you meet the requirements described above, go to the application page.