ADAI_C3-2022 | MSc | Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrotechnical Engineering or similar
International selection procedure for the recruitment of one Researcher -
Ref. N.º ADAI_C3-2022
ADAI - Associação para o Desenvolvimento da Aerodinâmica Industrial (Association for the Development of Industrial Aerodynamics) decided to open opens a tender for the award of one (1) fixed term employment contract in the framework of the Scientific Research and Technological Development Project (IC&DT) SAFEFOREST – “Semi-Autonomous Robotic System for Forest Cleaning and Fire Prevention” with reference CENTRO-01-0247-FEDER-045931, funded by the European Fund for Regional Development (FEDER), through the Operational Program for Competitiveness and Internationalization and / or the Regional Operational Program of the Center, of Portugal 2020, according to the System of Incentives to Companies (SI), regulated by Decree 57-A/2015 of 27 February.
- The selected candidate will develop tasks which include:
1) Fundamental and applied research in the areas of the environment, forest management and forest fires;
2) Production of scientific and administrative documentation, including minutes, articles, reports, press notes, among others;
3) Support in carrying out experimental work;
4) Design and fabrication of parts and components for developed prototypes;
5) Participation in the dissemination tasks and exploitation of the results obtained.
This project results from the consortium between ADAI – Associação para o Desenvolvimento da Aerodinâmica Industrial, Instituto de Sistemas e Robótica de Coimbra, Ingeniarius Lda., Silvapor - Ambiente e Inovação and Carnegie Mellon University.
- Type and contract duration
Temporary employment contract is expected to begin the 1st January 2023. The hiring shall be performed under the Labor Code and other legislation applicable to individual labor contracts.
- the selection Jury of the competition is composed as follows::
- President – Professor Dr. Domingos Xavier Filomeno Carlos Viegas.
- 1st member – Professor Dr. Carlos Xavier Pais Viegas.
- 2nd member – Professor Dr. Miguel Abrantes Figueiredo Bernardo de Almeida.
- Work will be developed within the activities of the Association for the Development of Industrial Aerodynamics of the Associated Laboratory in Energy, Transport and Aeronautics (ADAI-LAETA). The work places are Laboratório de Aerodinâmica Industrial or other places that are necessary for the execution of the work plan
- The monthly remuneration to be attributed corresponds to level 28 of the unique remuneration table, approved by Administrative Rule nº. 1553-C/2008, of December 31, with the value of 1.893,38€. Benefits include a daily lunch subsidy of 4.77 Euros
- The selection process is open to national, foreign and stateless candidates who hold a Master degree in the areas of Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrotechnical Engineering or similar. Candidates should have a good knowledge and relevant work experience in the areas of digital fabrication, CAD design, prototyping and welding. Knowledge in the areas of the robotics and programming is highly valued, as well as good knowledge of spoken and written English
Candidates with graduations obtained abroad shall make proof that their Master was recognized by a Portuguese Higher Education Institution according to the applicable legislation.
- Admissible applications will be scored on a scale of 1 to 100 on each of the following evaluation criteria:
** Curriculum Evaluation (65%)
** Interview (35%)
The Curriculum Evaluation criterion, with a total weight of 65% in the final score, is divided into the following subcriteria:
AC (65%) = A1 (10%) + A2 (5%) + A3 (10%) + A4 (20%) + B (20%)
- Sub-criterion A1 - Scientific production, with a total weight of 10%;
- Sub-criterion A2 - Specialization courses, with a total weight of 5%;
- Sub-criterion A3 - IT skills, with a total weight of 10%;
- Sub-criterion A4 - Academic qualifications and final grades, with a total weight of 20%;
- Sub-criterion B - Merit of the letter of motivation, with a total weight of 20%;
The interview, conducted in English, will have a total weight of 35% in the final score and is divided into the following subcriteria.
E (35%) = E1 (15%) + E2 (10%) + E3 (10%)
- Sub-criterion E1 - Analysis and critical sense, with a total weight of 15%;
- Sub-criterion E2 - Motivation and interest, with a total weight of 10%.
- Sub-criterion E3 - Mastery of English, with a total weight of 10%.
- Minutes of the Jury meeting including a report of the evaluation are available to the candidates whenever requested.
- After completing the application of the selection process, the Jury proceeds to draw up the ordered list of approved candidates with the respective classification.
- If the selected candidate is not willing to occupy the position, the Jury can decide to invite the next eligible candidate in the ordered list.
- The final deliberation of the Jury is approved by the Board of Directors of ADAI, which is also responsible for deciding on hiring.
- Application procedure:
- Application to the position is formalized by sending the following information addressed to the Jury President, reference of number of this position (given at the top of this document), full name, number and date of the Citizen’s card or civil ID, tax identification number, date and place of birth, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
- The application shall be accompanied by documents proving the conditions described in points 6 and 7 for admission to this selection process, in particular:
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certificate of Qualifications including breakdown of the grades obtained in the subjects of the respective course and final grade
- Motivation letter
- Applicants with foreign academic degrees must present Certificate of Level Recognition in accordance with applicable law
- The candidates should send their applications and supporting documents, in digital (PDF) format, to the following email address: email@example.com, identifying the selection procedure in the subject
- The deadline for application is the 30th november 2022
- Candidates who incorrectly formalize their application or do not give adequate proof of the requirements of this selection process are excluded from admission to the competition. The Jury has the power to require any candidate, in case of doubt, to present documents proving his statements
- Candidates who do not obtain a final mark equal to or greater than 50% will not be allowed to fill any of the position in tender for lack of absolute merit
- False statements by candidates shall be punished in accordance with the law
- Admitted and excluded candidates will be notified of their inclusion or exclusion by email. The final classification of eligible candidates will be sent to each candidate by email with notification of receipt of delivery.
- Prior hearing and deadline for the Final Decision: After being notified, the candidates have 10 working days to comment the decision. Within a maximum of 10 days from the deadline for prior hearing, the final decisions of the Jury will be given.
- The present selection process is exclusively intended to fill the vacancy indicated and it is terminated when the final list of candidates is approved, and the advertised position is filled
- Non-discrimination and equal opportunity policy: ADAI actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity
- Under DL No. 29/2001, of February 3, a disabled candidate is given preference in the case of equal classification, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare their respective degree of incapacity, the type of disability and the means of communication / expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma, on the application form.