Welcome Guide for International Students
WHAT TO DO AFTER ARRIVAL?
• Deliver Entry Declaration
Non-European citizens who enter Portugal through an uncontrolled border, coming from another member state, may have to go to the authorities to declare their entry into the country.
If this is your case, you must download the DECLARATION OF ENTRY IN PORTUGAL form from the website of the Portuguese Immigration and Border Service (SEF), fill in the form and deliver in person at one of the SEF front offices in Portugal, by scheduling an appointment within three working days after your arrival. If you do not comply with these determinations, you will be subject to a fine. » http://www.sef.pt/pt/Pages/impressos-online.aspx
• Request a residence permit
If you do not have a scheduled appointment, you must do so within a maximum period of 90 days, through:
808 202 653 (fixed line), 808 962 690 (mobile line) or email@example.com
Citizens from outside the EU – Portuguese Immigration and Border Service (SEF), Casa da Lusofonia (CLUC) and the Citizen's Shop (Loja do Cidadão).
European Citizen Registration
This registration must be done at the City Hall counter in the Loja do Cidadão.
• Registration in the National Health Service
Registration must be requested by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with attachments of the following documents in PDF format, according to your situation:
- Copy of residence permit/Expression of interest document/or request issued by SEF (procedure/operationalization of Order N.º 12870-C/2021 with date until 31/12/2021), or receipt proving the request made for other situations of processes pending at the SEF, namely concessions or renewals of residence permits;
- Copy of passport with tourist/work/student visa;
- Copy of the European Citizen Registration certificate (CRCUE) and CESD (in the case of European citizen);
- Copy of CPF and PB4 card (in the case of Brazilian citizen);
- Proof of address in Portugal/indication of address abroad);
For non-emerging acute illness, you should use the SNS 24 platform through 808 24 24 24.
• Request Tax Identification Number (NIF)
The NIF is required to open a bank account, make a service and housing contract, etc.
At the Citizen's Shop (Loja do Cidadão), go to Finance Service (“Serviço de Finanças”,Tax and Customs Authority of the Ministry of Finance and Public Administration), and present your passport and proof of address in Coimbra.
Loja do Cidadão de Coimbra
Avenida Fernão de Magalhães
3000 Coimbra, Portugal
• Open a bank account
At each university campus there is a Banco Santander Totta service desk. It is the bank that issues the student card for UC students. There are other banks in various parts of the city and in the vicinity of the university, where you can open a bank account.
- Contact Person
You can contact us through email@example.com and via WhatsApp through the numbers: +351 93 20 20 292 and +351 20 21 888.
Note: Please check and respect the hygiene and safety rules of each space visited inside and outside the UC.