The Students who have access to special exams are those covered by the status laid down in the Academic Regulation of the UC (RAUC) (no. 3 of article no. 134), which are requested at the beginning of the academic year or the beginning of the 2nd semester.
| a) Student
b) Outgoing Mobility Student;
c) UC Student Athlete;
d) High-Performance Student Athlete;
e) Student Athlete in National Teams or other national sports representations;
f) UC Student Young Association Leader;
g) Student member of the “Queima das Fitas” Organising Commission;
h) Student Member of UC Bodies;
i) Student Involved in UC Cultural Activities;
j) Student with participation in activities of recognised university merit;
k) Student with Special Needs;
l) Student Worker;
m) Student Firefighter;
n) Student Serviceperson;
o) Student Informal Carer
p) Student Prisoner.
For how many exams can you register?
The students with recognised status have access to two annual curricular units or four semester or trimester curricular units, if the status was recognised for the whole academic year, or two semester or trimester curricular units, if the status was recognised for one semester, and they can only sit exams of that semester curricular units.
How to check information about your situation?
|1. Access your profile at Inforestud@nte and click the menu General»» Curricular Data.
|2. Select the option Status and Benefits and choose the current academic year.
|3. Verify the special situation entered into the system by the academic services and in its Details look for the access conditions to the special examination period (if applicable).
What are the deadlines for you to register for special exams?
for students who were granted special benefits/situations that give them access
to the special examination period are carried out by means of Inforestud@nte
according to the following deadlines:
Students of the Faculty of Law
EXAMINATION PERIOD in SEPTEMBER [concerning all curricular units]
» from 15th July to 24th August* - in accordance with information provided by the
Faculty, this registration is necessary to sit the exams. The exams schedule is
published on the Faculty’s webpage and at its academic services.
UC Students (Except for the Faculty of Law)
EXAMINATION PERIOD in JULY [concerning all curricular units except for Thesis
Project, Dissertation, Seminar, Internship or other similar units]
» registration from 15th June to 2 days before the date established for the exam (in accordance with the date established in the exams schedule for that curricular unit)– concerning the registration for the special exam of each curricular unit.
EXAMINATION PERIOD in SEPTEMBER [only for Defence of Thesis Project (PhD
Degree), Dissertation (Master’s Degree), Seminar, Internship or other similar
» registration until the final deadline established internally by the Organisational Unit (OU) for submitting a Dissertation (Master’s Degree), Seminar, Internship or similar units by means of InforEstudante.
» registration from 15th July to 15th September, for Thesis Projects (PhD Degree), since they continue being submitted in paper format as before.
Outgoing Mobility Students
EXAMINATION PERIOD in JULY [concerning the curricular units failed during the
mobility at the host institution]
How to register for the special examination period?
|1. If the special right recorded in your profile is one of the aforementioned emphasised in bold type, you just need to register for the exam of the curricular unit:
2. If the special right that gives you access to sit the special exam is one of the other aforementioned (not emphasized in bold type), or you have a special situation (e.g., an illness or hospitalisation), you must submit a request for special exam by means of InforEstudante:
[Alun@s] Registration for special exam in accordance with an attributed status
Request for access to special exam due to having missed a regular or supplementary exam according to a situation resulting from a status previously granted pursuant to the Academic Regulation of the UC (RAUC).
[Alun@s] Registration for special exam due to OUTGOING mobility
This request is ONLY for requesting registration for exam in the special examination period concerning the curricular units included in the Mobility Learning Agreement, which you have failed at the host institution of that mobility.
· The registration for an exam in the special examination period concerning curricular units for which you were registered and attended at the UC, is usually carried out at Academic Service»» Registrations for Examination, by choosing the current academic year and the Outgoing Mobility benefit.
3. Registrations resulting from special situations, such as illness and other situations, must comply with the deadlines for the submission of the supporting documents of the student’s situation.
[Alun@s] Registration for special exam in accordance with special situations
for access to special exam in accordance with special rights resulting from the
following situations laid down in the Academic
Regulation of the UC (RAUC):
[Alun@s] Registration for special or extraordinary exam (beyond the deadline or due to another exceptional situation)
This request should only be used in order to register for an exam of the special or extraordinary examination period not included in another type of request. If your request is included in another existing type of request, it will be archived by the Academic Services which will inform you that you must make a request adequate to your pretension.
The requests concerning registration for exams beyond the deadline or due to another situation considered to be exceptional are included in the aforementioned situation. Therefore, these requests are subject to the payment of a fee (€50).
When do special exams take place?
check the exams calendar established by each Faculty.
can only register for the special exam after the grades concerning
attendance and regular and supplementary exams have been released by the
Professor and accepted by the academic services.
If you are unable to register for an exam because of this situation, you may still sit the exam. To this end, you should be present on the date and at the location established to sit the exam, but you should previously inform the services of you Organisational Unit so that they can count on your presence.
Do not forget that the exam’s grade release is conditional to the subsequent registration and verification of the access conditions to the special exam.
The grades of the curricular units which do not comply with those conditions will not be accepted, even if they are positive.
the examination period, the student will receive a message with the
information that he/she may register for the special exams, within the 7 days
subsequent to the acceptance of the missing
curricular unit grade roster. If
you have outstanding registrations for exams, please keep an eye on your email
Some further clarification...
- The special examination period is reserved for the assessment exams of curricular units and not for improvement exams.
- The number of exams to be undertaken by the student attending a course on a part time basis is half of the limit number applied to the student attending on a full time basis rounded to the nearest unit. For example: if the student finalist registered on a full time annual basis may sit 4 semester exams (or equivalent), the student registered on a part time annual basis may sit 2 exams.
- A Student Finalist is a student who, by completing all the curricular units for which he/she is registered in the cycle of studies, meets all the conditions to complete his/her course.
- For the purpose of awarding the status of finalist in the Integrated Master’s Degrees, the previous situation is applied to the end of the 1st cycle of studies and the end of the Master’s Degree Course.
- Regarding the Integrated Master’s Degree in Medicine, this status is recognised at the end of the 1st Cycle and in the 5th curricular year.
You may always contact our services by email at www.uc.pt/sga/e-mail-form/ to obtain further information, by choosing the subject: “Special Exams".