Special Period Exams
Who can take Special Period Exams?
All UC students are subject to the same rules on special period exams, therefore only students with special circumstances or situations covered in university policy can take special exams during the special period:
| Special Rights||Other special rights for the following situations|
» Students participating in activities of University recognized merit
»Final Year Students
» Students enrolled in curricular units of the type Thesis Project
How do I know when my status has changed?
- Access your Inforestud@nte account and go to the "General »» Curricular Data" menu.
- Click on the "Status and Benefits" tab and choose the current school year.
- Verify the status entered by Academic Management Service (SGA - Serviço de Gestão Académica).
How do I register?
1. If your status is one of the above (marked by »), you may register for special exams directly through Inforestud@nte and are not required to submit a petition or do anything else.
2. If your status is one of the other listed above and requires you to submit documentation that verifies your situation (illness, maternity, away), please go to one of the campus assistance centers.
3. You must submit all documents verifying your situation according to the normal deadlines unless your status was awarded after the beginning of the school year.
| You can always contact us
via email at www.uc.pt/academicos/e-mail »|
When is the special registration period?
On-line on Inforestud@nte under registration.
1. For students in all UC colleges (except the Faculty of Law) with special registration period in July:
2. For Faculty of Law students whose special period is in September:
Visit the Faculty of Law student services office or website for more details.
Registration for a special exam can only be done after all course, exam (normal and recourse) grades have been posted by the professor and accepted by SGA.
|During the exam period you will receive a notice letting you know that you can register for special exams during the seven days following the acceptance of all grades that are lacking.|
- The special period can never be used to improve a grade in a class you have previously taken in other academic year.
- A final year student is one who, in the current school year, is registered for classes that will complete the requirements for completion of a bachelor's, master's, integrated master's degree or 1st cycle of integated master.