|Here you will find information regarding the requirements for Improving your Grade, under the terms of the Educational Policy published on August 23, 2013.|
What can I improve?
- You can improve the final grade in any class with the exception of your Thesis.
- The grade you are seeking to improve can have been received for a class you attended or for a transfer class.
- This also applies to independent classes
Grade improvement for internships requires completing a new internship with a new advisor.
To improve a grade for a Dissertation or Project, the advisor can refuse to allow the same topic.
A student can attempt to improve a grade for any class already completed:
- In the same school year, during the recourse period, with the exception of a Thesis, Dissertation, Internship, Project or similar.
- In any school year, freely, with the exception of a Thesis, by re-taking the class.
The better of the two grades is always the one that will count.
Grade improvement during the same school year
- Grades for exams taken to improve a grade during the same school year the class was taken do not require registration or payment of any fees.
- The results of these exams will be automatically posted on the grade rolls of the recourse period for each class.
Grade improvement during a different school year
To improve a grade during any subsequent school year, the student will be required to register for the class during the annual registration period, if the class is still offered.
The student is still subject to the maximum number of ECTS. Grade improvement is considered a re-registration and is counted towards the ECTS limit.
During this, the first year of this new policy, students will be subject to the following requirements:
- Have received a passing grade in the classes they wish to improve.
- Register for 2013/2014 as usual, through Inforestud@nte, choose the desired classes and receive a passing grade.
- Finalize registration, making sure to leave ECTS available to register for the classes where grade improvement is desired.
- Register for these classes through Academic Management Services, before the end of the normal registration deadline, by sending a request to email@example.com with Improvement 203/2014" in the subject line.
2012/2013 and 2013/2014 graduates
For 2013/2014 and 2014/2015, students may request to improve grades in six semester length classes by sitting for the final exam as noted above. This must be done within the two exam periods following graduation.
Thus, to improve grades in these classes by sitting for exams, students will be subject to the following requirements:
- Have received a passing grade in the class.
- Register through Academic Management Services by the established deadline by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the respective fees of 10€ per class via ATM after receiving confirmation from SGA.
- December 20, 2013 — deadline for 1st semester classes.
- May 26, 2014 — deadline for 2nd semester classes.