International Bachelor Program
CAPES-UC is an initiative by the Fundação Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES) and the University of Coimbra (UC), with the support of Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB).
Based on the Friendship Treaty between Brazil and Portugal signed on 22 April 2000 and the Memorandum of Understanding between CAPES and the University of Coimbra signed on 19 May 2010, the International Bachelor Program CAPES-UC seeks to stimulate the exchange of students with bachelor's degrees in the areas of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Portuguese, Arts and Physical Education.
The International Bachelor Program (IBP) consists of a program that begins and concludes in a Brazilian university. Specific training in the area of emphasis is done at the University of Coimbra during one phase of the program. Diplomas, both from the originating university (Brazilian) and the University of Coimbra will be presented in Brazil after all requirements for the International Bachelor Program are completed.
Enrollment process for International Bachelor's Program students
1. IBP students should go to DRI (International Relations Office)http://www.uc.pt/en/driic to learn how to enroll at UC and regularize their situation as a foreign citizen in Portugal.
2. Next, go to Academic Management Services to enroll. Remember to take the originals and copies of the following document:
- Tax ID Number
- Government ID (it must include the names of the parents, without which enrollment cannot be completed);
- Vaccination certificate with current tetanus vaccine.
3. After completing the enrollment and registration (usually in-person with the student), Academic Management Services provides the student with:
- Access to Inforestudante;
- Verification of Enrollment and Registration
- Declaration of no past due tuition.
Students may request other documents, such as proof of enrollment or registration by paying the respective fee (see the University fees table).
Don't forget to visit Inforestud@nte regularly, where you can check your grades, register for classes and special exams.
4. Lastly, students should go to Santander Totta bank to request their Student Card (in portuguese).