FCT Scholarship Holders or Applicants at the UC
In order to benefit from the special system provided for in article no. 215 of the new Academic Regulation (RAUC), PhD Scholarship Holders or Applicants of the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), or Applicants to its renewal, must communicate their situation:
- Until 30th November (or within 15 consecutive days following the date of the registration if it takes place later).
To this end, they must submit the request “[Alun@s] Submission of the supporting document of scholarship (application or renewal)” at Inforestudante (left side menu "Academic Service”»“Requests”»”Add”), and attach the following documents according to the situation:
- Scholarship Holder: Authenticated declaration issued by the FCT attesting the scholarship holder status, the period of time of the scholarship and the amount to be transferred to the UC.
- Applicant: Supporting document of the application to a scholarship/request for scholarship renewal.
In each academic year, the deadlines to confirm the scholarship holder status are the following:
|Initial request (1st year of scholarship): until 30th November or within 15 consecutive days following the date of the registration if it takes place later.|
|||After the date on which the decision, concerning the application, is communicated, the PhD students have 30 consecutive days to submit a declaration by means of the request ("[Alun@s] Submission of the supporting document of scholarship (application or renewal")]|
|Proof of the Renewal (subsequent years): until 31st May.|
After verifying the scholarship holder status or the applicant to scholarship/renewal status, the Academic Management Services (SGA) assign the corresponding benefit on the NÓNIO system.
- The non-communication of the scholarship holder/applicant status or its renewal entails the non-recognition of the status and the application of the general system.
- The non-compliance with the aforementioned
procedure, may compromise the appraisal of the request and therefore the
awarding of the scholarship holder/applicant status or its renewal.
- The non-compliance with the established deadlines determines the need to submit an exceptional request, which is subject to the payment of the fees associated with it.
- The registration fee is included in the (FCT) PhD
Students scholarships, provided that the amount of the fee may be included
in the amount of the scholarship granted, in addition to the tuition fee
payment, and may be considered eligible by FCT (no. 4 of article no. 220).