National Applicants or Equivalent
The national students that have accomplished secondary education in Portugal or at Portuguese schools may apply to Portuguese Higher Education Institutions.
Students who have not Portuguese nationality can also apply if they meet the following requirements:
- EU Member States nationals (check the list EU Member-States here);
- Non-EU Member State nationals who are legally(1)living in Portugal for a period of more than two years, uninterruptedly, on the 31st of August of the year they are intending to access Higher Education, as well as their children legally living with them;
- Applicants to Higher Education under special access regimes negotiated between the Portuguese State and their home countries, namely the special access and admission systems, regulated by the Decree-Law no. 393-A/99 , amended by Decree-Law 272/2009;
- International mobility students under an exchange agreement with the referred purpose.
(1) The time of the residence permit for studies does not account for the time of legal residence in Portugal.
If this is not your case, please go to the International Applicants page»»