- Artes Docendi: Research and Training in Didactics of Classical Studies
- BioRom - Rome our Home: (Auto)biographical Tradition and the Shaping of Identity(ies)
- Classics & Open Science
- Crises (staseis) and changes (metabolai): the Athenian democracy in contemporary Times
- Cursus Aristotelicus Conimbricensis
- DIAITA Heritage: Food, Environment and Well-being
- Mundos e Fundos. Methodological and Interpretive Worlds of Musical Collections
- Hermeneutic Rationality
- Rewriting the Myth
Artes Docendi: Research and Training in Didactics of Classical Studies
The Secondary Project Artes Docendi aims to constitute a point of reference for all those interested in questions pertaining to the Didactics of Classical Studies. This objective rests on three fundamental areas: research, initial and continued teacher training, and the production of didactic materials.The area of Didactics in general – and that of Languages in particular – was never granted privilege by educators at varied levels of study. In recent decades, however, it has seen significant development, particularly in the field of didactic knowledge as a foundation for research.
Created in 2015, the Artes Docendi project was born out of the pressing need for effective investment in the specific field of Latin (and Greek) Didactics.
The main aims of this project include:
- promoting reflection on educational practices in the area of Classical Languages and Culture in general, and Latin in particular, with a view to effectively motivating and involving students in the learning process;
- championing a culture of continuous learning for educators by developing various initiatives in the area of Latin (and Greek) Didactics;
- aligning research carried out in this field with teaching practices;
- providing sustained investment in the relationship between teaching and technology, bearing in mind the profile of students in the twenty-first century;
- producing didactic materials for the teaching of Classical Languages and Cultures;
- promoting interaction between primary, secondary and tertiary educators;
- disseminating Classical Languages and Cultures among primary and secondary-school pupils. In order to attain this objective, the “Artes Docendi” project will function as a point of contact between several initiatives scheduled on an annual basis: Ludi Conimbrigenses, Carpe Scholam!, Cientificamente Provável, Jornadas de Estudos Clássicos at Domingos Rebelo High School (Ponta Delgada).
The spirit of sharing (both knowledge and resources) that defines this project is evident in the numerous materials available online relating to the outcomes of research carried out in the field of Classical Studies Didactics.