Minor in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics offers to students of other BSc with Minor of FCTUC the possibility of completing their studies with a Minor in Mathematics.
A Minor is a coherent set of 5 optional courses (30 ECTS) from a scientific area different from the dominant scientific area of the program.
The five option courses in the Minor in Mathematics can be chosen from the following list:
- Complements of Mathematics (1st semester, 6 ECTS)
- Differential Equations and Modelling (1st semester, 7.5 ECTS)
- Mathematical Logic (1st semester, 6 ECTS)
- Numerical Mathematics I (1st semester, 6 ECTS)
- Topology and Linear Analysis (1st semester, 6 ECTS)
- Complex Analysis (2nd semester, 6 ECTS)
- Curves and Surfaces (2nd semester, 6 ECTS)
- Differentiable Manifolds (2nd semester, 6 ECTS)
- Numerical Mathematics II (2nd semester, 6 ECTS)
The choice of courses is always bound to approval by the BSc program coordinator.