- Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre (MARE)
- Centre for Functional Ecology - Science for People & the Planet (CFE)
- Centre for Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Processes (CEMMPRE)
- Centro de Física da Universidade de Coimbra (CFisUC)
- Center for Geosciences of the University of Coimbra (CGeo)
- Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (CISUC)
- Centre for Earth and Space Research of the University of Coimbra (CITEUC)
- Centro de Investigação em Antropologia e Saúde (CIAS)
- Chemical Processes and Forest Products Engineering Research Centre (CIEPQPF)
- Centre for Mathematics of the University of Coimbra (CMUC)
- Coimbra Chemistry Centre (CQC)
- Molecular Physical-Chemistry Research and Development Unit (QFM-UC)
- Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA)
- Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Structural Engineering (ISISE)
- Laboratory for Instrumentation, Biomedical Engineering and Radiation Physics (LIBPhys)
Center for Geosciences of the University of Coimbra (CGeo)
The Center for Geosciences of the University of Coimbra is a multidisciplinary R & D unit that integrates several Portuguese higher education institutions with the aim of identifying, characterizing, transforming and using mineral and energy resources, as well as contributing to the understanding and implementation of adaptive strategies.
The strategic guidelines of this R & D unit are: to reinforce the presence of the research carried out by the Center for Geosciences in Europe through the development of a research policy focused on the promotion of excellence, investing in quality education, intensifying links with society and the environment and promote a proactive, rational and responsible work of careful management of resources, based on criteria of economy, effectiveness and efficiency.
The Geosciences Center operates at three levels of implementation: contextualized regional projects (including the interaction between science and society), projects aimed at solving specific problems (strong link with industry) and projects focused on fundamental research (contributions rooted in both first).
Coordination and contacts
Maria Helena Henriques