- Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre (MARE)
- Centre for Functional Ecology - Science for People & the Planet (CFE)
- Centre for Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Processes (CEMMPRE)
- Centro de Física da Universidade de Coimbra (CFisUC)
- Center for Geosciences of the University of Coimbra (CGeo)
- Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (CISUC)
- Centre for Earth and Space Research of the University of Coimbra (CITEUC)
- Centro de Investigação em Antropologia e Saúde (CIAS)
- Chemical Processes and Forest Products Engineering Research Centre (CIEPQPF)
- Centre for Mathematics of the University of Coimbra (CMUC)
- Coimbra Chemistry Centre (CQC)
- Molecular Physical-Chemistry Research and Development Unit (QFM-UC)
- Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA)
- Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Structural Engineering (ISISE)
- Laboratory for Instrumentation, Biomedical Engineering and Radiation Physics (LIBPhys)
Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (CISUC)
The Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (CISUC) is one of the leading Portuguese research centres in Computer Science and Information Technologies.
CISUC aims at carrying out original R&D at a pre-competitive level, training highly qualified young researchers and co-operating in national and international projects and programs. CISUC is composed of about 150 researchers, including full-time university professors and graduate and post-graduate students.
The research groups cluster into 3 thematic strands:
- Resilient Software and Internet Services, which focuses on internet architectures and technologies, cloud infrastructures and software services, and service oriented architectures;
- Intelligent Systems, which concerns the research and development of computational methodologies and algorithms for Artificial Intelligence, optimization, learning, and modeling;
- Human-Centric Computing, encompasses computer-enabled, individual and social phenomena, leading to extensions of human capabilities and organizational models.
Coordination and contacts