- Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre (MARE)
- Centre for Functional Ecology - Science for People & the Planet (CFE)
- Centre for Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Processes (CEMMPRE)
- Centro de Física da Universidade de Coimbra (CFisUC)
- Center for Geosciences of the University of Coimbra (CGeo)
- Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (CISUC)
- Centre for Earth and Space Research of the University of Coimbra (CITEUC)
- Centro de Investigação em Antropologia e Saúde (CIAS)
- Chemical Processes and Forest Products Engineering Research Centre (CIEPQPF)
- Centre for Mathematics of the University of Coimbra (CMUC)
- Coimbra Chemistry Centre (CQC)
- Molecular Physical-Chemistry Research and Development Unit (QFM-UC)
- Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA)
- Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Structural Engineering (ISISE)
- Laboratory for Instrumentation, Biomedical Engineering and Radiation Physics (LIBPhys)
Centro de Física da Universidade de Coimbra (CFisUC)
The CFisUC is a research centre committed to excellence in Physics. CFisUC is located in the Physics Department of the Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Coimbra.
CFisUC results from the merger of the former Centro de Física Computacional and Centro de Estudos de Materiais por Difração de Raios-X. It has strong collaborations with other research institutes in Coimbra such as LIP, CNC, and CISUC, Portugal and abroad. Members of CFisUC are the Portuguese representatives in PRACE, the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe.
CFisUC research activities span most areas of Physics (Quantum Chromodynamics, Nuclear Physics, Electronic Structure, Nanophysics, Condensed Matter Physics, Biological Physics, Astrophysics) bridging many time and length scales. The diverse scientific expertise of the researchers has been crucial in fostering collaborations and advancing innovation in fundamental research.
Transfer and outreach groups