- Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre (MARE)
- Centre for Functional Ecology - Science for People & the Planet (CFE)
- Centre for Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Processes (CEMMPRE)
- Centro de Física da Universidade de Coimbra (CFisUC)
- Center for Geosciences of the University of Coimbra (CGeo)
- Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (CISUC)
- Centre for Earth and Space Research of the University of Coimbra (CITEUC)
- Centro de Investigação em Antropologia e Saúde (CIAS)
- Chemical Processes and Forest Products Engineering Research Centre (CIEPQPF)
- Centre for Mathematics of the University of Coimbra (CMUC)
- Coimbra Chemistry Centre (CQC)
- Molecular Physical-Chemistry Research and Development Unit (QFM-UC)
- Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA)
- Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Structural Engineering (ISISE)
- Laboratory for Instrumentation, Biomedical Engineering and Radiation Physics (LIBPhys)
Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre (MARE)
MARE-Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre (classification by FCT: EXCELLENT) constitutes a multipolar RD&I Centre with seven poles. Universidade de Coimbra (MARE-UC ), Politécnico de Leiria (MARE-PL), Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa (MARE-FCUL), Universidade Nova de Lisboa (MARE-FCT-NOVA), ISPA-Instituto Universitário (MARE-ISPA), Universidade de Évora (MARE-UÉ) e ARDITI (MARE-Madeira).
MARE is focused on the study of aquatic systems and the implementation of European Directives and Strategies to support the sustainable development, focusing its mission on scientific research, education, knowledge and technology transfer, science dissemination and Ocean Literacy promotion.
MARE has expertise to approach scientifically and technologically all types of aquatic systems, from river basins, to estuaries, and coastal and large marine ecosystems, in a context of global changes and cumulative anthropogenic impacts.
Coordination and contacts
João Carlos Marques