Application to a PhD Without Course
Candidates to this PhD program modality apply at the FPCEUC.
1. The application must be supported by the following documents:
2. Application form (template available here)
3. Thesis project (template available here). (This document must be signed by the candidate and the supervisor(s) on every page).
4. Two letters of recommendation;
5. Updated curriculum vitae (template available here);
6. Letter of Acceptance from the applicant's supervisor(s);
7. Motivation letter (explaining the reasons for choosing the PhD specialty);
8. Copy of the personal identification document;
9. Certified copy of the document proving the qualifications.
9.1 In the case of foreign diplomas:
9.1.1 If the diploma is written in another Language than English, French or Spanish, the applicant must present a certified translated version into Portuguese.
9.1.2 In case of the Diplomas/documents issued by institutions outside the European Union, the original of the diploma must be authenticated by the Portuguese Embassy/Consulate of Portugal in the country of origin, or by the Hague Convention Apostille.
10. If necessary, applicants holding a foreign diploma may also be required to present the following documents issued by the foreign university;
10.1 The candidate's Transcript of Records;
10.2 Programmatic contents of the curricular units of the degree;
10.3 Information about the teaching hours of the degree;
10.4 The percentile;
10.5 A copy of the Master's dissertation (for candidates holding a master)
All documents must be presented at the Faculty Academic Services or sent to:
Scientific Board of the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
R. do Colégio Novo 3000-115 Coimbra - Portugal
Fees: Application fee - € 50.00 (to be paid later on, after notification from the Central Office of the University of Coimbra)