Workshop Crowdhelix: Steps towards a competitive ERC proposal (30 june, 9h30am)* FREE for UC members
* Exclusive webinar for Crowdhelix members * (UC members have access)
About this event
ERC experts sciencepoint and Bekk Research Support will hold an exclusive online event for Crowdhelix members on Jun 30, 9.30 am (lisbon time). The focus is on the ERC Starting and Consolidator Grant programs, which are amongst Europe’s prime funding schemes for early-to mid career researchers, enabling grantees to conduct bold research projects on any scientific or scholar topic.
The aim of the event is to help prospective applicants evaluate if their project ideas and profiles are “ERC material”, in the context of the ERC’s strategic aim and evaluation process. Further, we will share suggestions and practical tips for how to avoid common problems, based on our experience of having reviewed more than two hundred ERC applications.
The seminar is directed to applicants and research managers alike.
The agenda includes:
- Unique focus of the ERC funding programmes
- Deciphering the sole evaluation criterion “Scientific Excellence”
- The balance between breakthrough and feasibility
- Developing a convincing proposal structure
- The role of panels and external experts
- Common problems and reasons for rejection