Mission and Objectives
In line with the UC's mission as defined in article 2 of it´s Statutes, the IIIUC promotes interdisciplinary research and advanced training, promoting the fertile crossing between areas of knowledge and the aggregation of teams, in order to ensure the capacity for international affirmation of the UC's scientific research, and collaborates in the implementation of the UC's strategic decisions on R&D matters.
- Promote, stimulate, support, frame, coordinate, manage and disseminate scientific interdisciplinary research activities;
- Independently or in collaboration with the Colleges, organize and manage Courses and Programs of Third Cycle based on research interdisciplinary activities;
- Develop the internationalization of interdisciplinary science carried out in the UC;
- Promote discussion and critical reflection on scientific activity, as well as the dissemination of science performed in the UC and science to the general public;
- Stimulate forms of organization of scientific activity that give an appropriate scale to research teams;
- Contribute to the rationalization of resources available in the UC for scientific activity.