- Experiments: From Idea to Design
- Getting an Academic Research Position
- Interpreting Scientific Results
- Narrative Tools for Researchers
- Managing Research Data to Unlock its Full Potential
- Effective Collaboration in Research
- Scientific Writing and Publishing
- Persuasive Grant Writing
- Networking for Researchers
- Improving Scientific Presentations
- Data Analysis: Planning and Preparing
- Data Analysis: Conducting and Troubleshooting
- Focus on Peer Review
- Welcome to the Nature MasterClasses Guide
- Finding Funding Opportunities
Improving Scientific Presentations
Improving Scientific Presentations is a course directed towards researchers in the natural sciences who want to improve the quality of their scientific presentations among peers, both with virtual and face-to-face audiences. It will allow you to:
- Identify techniques that can help overcome the challenges researchers typically experience when giving oral presentationS;
- Learn how to construct compelling research stories to use as the basis for your presentations;
- Learn how to create professional slides that effectively communicate research findings to your audience;
- Learn how to apply strategies to help you deliver your presentation effectively on the day in both virtual and in-person settings;
- Advance your Scientific Presentations.
This course is composed of 4 modules, with a total duration of 8 hours - 15 minute lessons.
Module 1: Overcoming your research presentation challenges
Identify techniques that can help to overcome the challenges that researchers commonly face when creating and delivering oral presentations.
Module 2: Developing the story behind your talk
Build compelling research stories to use as the foundation for your presentations.
Module 3: Building an engaging slide deck
Create professional slide decks that effectively communicate your research findings to your audience.
Module 4: Preparing and navigating your talk
Apply strategies to help you deliver your presentation effectively on the day, in both virtual and face-to-face environments.