- Experiments: From Idea to Design
- Getting an Academic Research Position
- Interpreting Scientific Results
- Narrative Tools for Researchers
- Managing Research Data to Unlock its Full Potential
- Effective Collaboration in Research
- Scientific Writing and Publishing
- Persuasive Grant Writing
- Networking for Researchers
- Improving Scientific Presentations
- Data Analysis: Planning and Preparing
- Data Analysis: Conducting and Troubleshooting
- Focus on Peer Review
- Welcome to the Nature MasterClasses Guide
- Finding Funding Opportunities
Scientific Writing and Publishing
Scientific Writing and Publishing for students and researchers in the natural sciences who are new to publishing or wish to refresh their skills. This course will enable you to:
- Develop writing skills and confidence in writing for magazines;
- Understand editorial processes and what editors are looking for;
- Learn best practices for submitting an article and peer review.
This course consists of 3 parts with a duration of 11 hours - 10 minutes lessons.
Part 1: Writing a research paper
How to write clearly, write a great title and abstract, and structure your paper — as well as how to manage and present your data.
Part 2: Publishing a research paper
How to select a journal for publication, submit your article, and navigate the editorial process — including how to write cover letters, the peer review process, and editorial decisions.
Part 3: Writing and publishing a review paper
What makes a great review paper, how to plan and write a review, and how to referee a review paper.