The European Network of Postdoctoral Associations (ENPA) was recently formed to bring together postdoctoral associations and individual postdoctoral scientists currently working in Europe.
ENPA aims to:
1) Represent postdoctoral scientists working in Europe, regardless of their nationality;
2) Advocate for the improvement of current working and training conditions;
3) Advocate for better opportunities for career development and progression;
4) Describe, discuss and compare the organization, objectives, and activities of existing post-doctoral associations/movements;
5) Describe, discuss and compare the integration and career perspectives of postdoctoral researchers and their opinions on science policies at the local and national level. This analysis is based on information we collect through surveys completed by the postdoctoral community;
6) Draft proposal of the best practices regarding the management of postdoctoral researchers to bring to the attention of decision makers.