In line with the mission of the UC defined in article 2 of its Statutes, IIIUC promotes interdisciplinary research and advanced training, fostering fertile crossroads between areas of knowledge and the aggregation of teams, in order to ensure the capacity for international affirmation of the UC's scientific research, and collaborates in the implementation of the UC's strategic decisions regarding R&D.
- Promote, stimulate, support, frame, coordinate, manage and disseminate scientific research activities of an interdisciplinary nature;
- Autonomously or in collaboration with the Faculties, organize and manage Third Cycle Courses and Programmes based on research activities of an interdisciplinary nature;
- Develop the internationalization of the interdisciplinary science carried out at the UC;
- Promote debate and critical reflection on scientific activity, as well as the dissemination of the science carried out at the University and of science to the general public;
- Stimulate ways of organizing scientific activity that provide an adequate scale for research teams;
- Contribute to the rationalization of resources available at the UC for scientific activity.
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research
Phone: +351 239 247 800 | fax: +351 239 407 804 | email: iii[@]uc[.]pt
VAT (UC): PT501617582
Address: Casa Costa Alemão - Pólo II | Rua Dom Francisco de Lemos
3030-789 COIMBRA | PORTUGAL
Monday-Friday| morning: 9:30 to 12:30 |afternoon: 2:30 to 5:30