O acesso aberto permite a qualquer utilizador ler, descarregar, copiar, distribuir, imprimir, pesquisar e referenciar o texto integral dos documentos, desde que seja garantida a atribuição correta da autoria.
Open Access Policy
The Coimbra University Press offers immediate open access to its contents (under the Creative Commons licence CC-BY-NC-ND), following the principle of making available scientific knowledge to the public for free (in alignment with Open Science and FAIR principles) it provides a better democratization and valorization of knowledge.
All the works of the Coimbra University Press, including the ones in Open Access, are protected by Portuguese law, in the form of the Copyright and Related Rights Code.
Code of Ethics / Best Practice Guidelines
Peer Review Process
All the proposals submitted to publication are pre-evaluated by a more embracing editorial board that analyses the way the intended publication fits the global editorial profile of CUP. After this first evaluation, submissions are sent to the specific Editorial Commission of each specialized series, in order to undergo a closer scrutiny. The absolute and relative merit of the works to be published are assessed by external reviewers (at least two, for each work) of acknowledged competence in the area covered by the work in question. Such persons may be provided from the University of Coimbra or from other institutions (based in Portugal or in other countries).
Creative Commons License
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution. You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Noncommercial. You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Complete terms of the Creative Commons license used by the Coimbra University Press can be found here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/deed.en_US