The 2023 Summer School in Computational Biology will be an intensive course targeted to students from the M. Sc. to post-doctoral levels with either biological or exact sciences backgrounds who wish to acquire skills in Computational Biology. It will have four main components:
- Introductory lectures on mathematics and physics for biologists, and biology for exact sciences students (parallel tracks),
- courses on specialized Computational Biology topics ranging from the molecular level to integrated physiological systems,
- seminars on recent developments,
- mini-research projects where the students will have opportunity to apply the acquired skills to realistic research problems.
Illustrative applications will emphasize biomedical problems.
- Core knowledge for modeling biological systems
- Molecular dynamics for lipid membranes and proteins
- Protein-ligand interactions and drug discovery
- Data Science in Biology
- Transcriptomics to characterize cellular mechanisms
- Kinetic modeling of metabolic and signaling processes
- Modeling of physiological systems
For more informations see https://www.uc.pt/events/computationalbiology/