M8 Summer School for Global Health
The M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities, and National Academies is a unique network of 25 leading international academic health centers, universities and research institutions, all of which are committed to improving global health and working with political and economic decision-makers to develop science-based solutions to health challenges worldwide.
The M8 Alliance Summer School is a new format that aims to bring together talented students from different disciplines to work jointly on selected global health topics. After a brief introduction to basic concepts in global health on the first day, we will zoom in on selected topics, examining them from different perspectives in the morning and applying what we have learned in more practical afternoon sessions.
This is a 5-days intensive and practical course that will provide you with:
• An interdisciplinary approach to global health issues (including medical, natural sciences, social sciences, and technical angles)
• In-depth insights into global challenges related to health and disease
• Critical thinking on cross-cutting topics of global health
• Skills to approach problems and solutions from different perspectives
• Networking with peers from different countries and different disciplines
Marta Passadouro: email@example.com