The current LCA team is composed of the director/manager, and two part-time systems administrators who also take care of help desk tasks through a ticket system.
The future management structure will include:
- an executive team, composed by the director of the infrastructure and the operation personnel, which take care of the day-to-day operations of the supercomputer and other computer and storage systems, including monitoring jobs, installation of software, help desk and collaborates in user training sessions. In the future it will also handle the relations with PRACE external users of the supercomputer.
- management team which:
- supervises the operation of the computer and storage systems
- gives advice over the installation of software and HPC libraries and tools
- manages the administrative tasks related to the infrastructure and to PRACE
- organizes an annual user forum and special training events for particular scientific communities
- deals with the external network administration, namely the local University network and country network managed by the Portuguese NREN FCCN
- International relations (PRACE and outside Europe).