Monday to Friday from 8am until 8pm
Departamento de Matemática da FCTUC
EC Santa Cruz
3001 – 501 Coimbra
If you are in Coimbra
The Department of Mathematics is located in the main campus of the
University of Coimbra, known as "Pólo I". This area is served by two
city buses: line 28, which connects the
center of Coimbra with the historical area of the University of
Coimbra; and line 34 (Universidade - Pólo II), which connects the two main
The main campus of the University of Coimbra is also served by other city buses. These do not go through the main campus itself, but the stop "Arcos do Jardim" is situated at a 2 minute walk from the Department of Mathematics:
- Line 5: Pedrulha - Estádio
- Line 11: Arnado - Bairro Norton de Matos
- Line 24: Arnado - Quinta da Nora
- Line 24T: Bairro Norton de Matos - Palácio da Justiça
For more information on the public transportation system in Coimbra, please refer to the SMTUC web page.
If you are not in Coimbra
- By train: Coimbra is served by the "Linha do Norte", the main railway, of the Portuguese railway system. Here you will find the schedules and price information about this railway line. Note that you should leave the train on Coimbra B. From here take a taxi or the rail connection to the railway station in the center of Coimbra. From there you can take one of the city buses referred above.
- By bus: Coimbra is served by several coach services. Please refer to the page of Rede Nacional de Expressos to find information concerning the main coach provider. After arrival take one of the city buses referred above.
- By car: The main motorways passing through Coimbra are: highway A1, IP3, N1 and N17 (Estrada da Beira). After arrival search for directions indicating "Universidade", these will drive you into the main university campus.