CIBIT Coimbra Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Translational Research
Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroscience
Neuroimaging in neurodevelopmental and ageing disorders
- To work on Vision, Perception and Decision-making research streams:
- Normal Ageing: Cognitive Models and Neuroimaging.
- Neurodegenerative Disorders with a focus of mechanisms of disease, impaired neurotransmission and neurophysiology.
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders with a similar focus on multimodal explanatory approaches, in terms of excitation vs. inhibition balance.
- Cortical plasticity in the maturing and adult brain: implications for neurorehabilitation.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders, with a focus on decision-making and cognitive control.
Neuroengineering and Medical Device (BCI) development
- To generate interdisciplinary work with scientists working in the field of cognitive neuroscience, neurology, medical imaging neuroinformatics and neuroengineering, anchored on our national and international collaborations as proof of concept works showing the effectiveness of brain computer interfaces and neurofeedback in normal and neurological populations.