- Focus on Medical Device and Radiopharmaceutical Clinical Validation Platforms.
- To promote technology transfer of molecular imaging approaches.
- We manage several national infrastructures with research agreements with companies.
- Biomarker validation tests for clinical applications (validation of multivariate markers, by developing distinct software modules), neurorehabilitation software/hardware.
- Prototype for molecular imaging in animals.
- Investigator driven trials approved in the fields of medical devices and radiopharmaceuticals
Research contracts and agreements
- Industry both in which concerns R&D (IBA, Siemens, Icnas-Produção) and Clinical trials (Biogen, Roche, Merck, PPDA, and others).
- Investigator driven trials approved in the fields of Medical Devices (EU projects STIPED and BRAINTRAIN) and Radipharmaceuticals.
- Spinning off activities (PetSys and LIP for development of a new PET scanners for animals and humans).
Process for producing Gallium-68 through the irradiation of a solution target. A Abrunhosa, V Alves, F Alves. US Patent App. US20190013108A1. Submited. 2019.
Non-invasive system for measuring the arterial input function for PET imaging. Caramelo, F. et al. International Patent App. WO2018150348. Submited. 2018.
Process for producing gallium-68 through the irradiation of a solution target. VH Alves, F Alves and AJ Abrunhosa. EP3101660A1. Accepted 09/08/2017
Bernardes et al. have a European patent on statistical classifiers applied to optical coherence data as biomarkers for central neurodegenerative disorders.
P2020-PTDC/CTM-NAN/2658/2014 (POCI-01-0145-FEDER-016648), Dual nanostructured lipid carriers as a multifunctional platform for brain tumor therapy (submitted)
BrainEyes – A new method to test colour vision with low cost hardware for glaucoma diagnosis.
- Fluodesoxiglucose [18F] UC
- DOTA-NOC [68G] UC
- Fluoreto de Sódio [18F] UC
- Fluorocolina [18F] UC
- PSMA [68Ga] UC