Behave 2016 - 4th European Conference on Behaviour and Energy Efficiency
Publication date: 15-06-2016 10:00
8 - 9 September 2016
University of Coimbra, Portugal
Behave 2016 aims to bring researchers and practitioners involved in end-use energy efficiency to share recent research, new technological developments and best practices on understanding and influencing behaviour related to energy efficiency. Research on behaviours associated with energy use plays a fundamental role to achieve a more sustainable energy system, in face of challenges such as security of supply, climate change and evolution to the smart grids.
Contributions to Behave 2016 are expected to cover a wide range of topics related with energy efficiency and behaviours, namely:
- promoting sustainable energy behaviours: instruments, interventions and evaluation of behaviour change
- adoption and use of low carbon technologies
- behavioural potential to facilitate the smart grid and demand response
- end-use energy efficiency in buildings and organisations
- behaviour in transport and mobility
- behaviour integration into energy modelling
- multidisciplinary approaches to energy behaviours
- energy policies for promoting behaviour change
Other topics related to energy efficiency and behaviours are welcome.
The official language of the conference is English.
Behave 2016 is organised by the Energy for Sustainability Initiative of the University of Coimbra (EfS - UC) and the Portuguese Energy Agency (ADENE), member of the European Energy Network (EnR).
EfS - UC brings together faculty staff and researchers from several Faculties, Departments and R&D units to develop and transfer knowledge to society in the area of energy and sustainable development through the interaction with policy makers and practitioners in multiple sectors of activity.
ADENE is a Government related agency, working mainly on energy efficiency and renewable energy. Its mission is to promote and perform activities of public interest in the field of energy and related sectors.