Any certificate, diploma, or other academic certification document associated with a cycle of studies or non-degree course, must be requested at the Academic Management Services of the University of Coimbra.
How to request a Certificate or Diploma ?
|For any UC Student (or Alumnus if he/she is registered on InforEstudante), the quickest way of obtaining a certificate or academic diploma is by means of InforEstudante, choosing the option “Academic Service>>Documents”. For the current Students, this is the mandatory means for issuing documents|
|The certificates and diplomas may be requested in a digital format or in paper:|
System Certificate |
- Enrolment Certificate
- Registration Certificate
- Successful Assessment Certificate
- Certificate of Non-Expiration Status
| - Certificate
of Course Length |
- Certificate of Curricular Year Transition
- Multipurpose Certificate
- Student’s Academic Record
- Diploma (and the corresponding diploma supplement), without Final Grade or list of Curricular Units, since these are included in the Diploma Supplement.
What if you do not have access to InforEstudante or do not remember your user name and/or password ?
The access to InforEstudante is possible for all UC Students and Alumni by means of the link https://inforestudante.uc.pt/»
- If you know your student number but do not remember your key-word/password, click the "Forgot your password?" option in the main menu (below the box in which you should enter your password).
- If you do not know your student number or never had access to InforEstudante (e.g. all students prior to 2007/2008) click the "Register" button and follow the instructions.
How to use other means ?
The use of other means for requesting a document is possible, but bear in mind that they entail more procedures. Therefore, the document's issuance may take longer.
| By means of Email, using the Online E-mail Form | Académicos UC concerning requests that are not included in InforEstudante.|
|Choose the option “Certificate not included in InforEstudante (in paper)"|
order to handle your request, you have to write in the field “Message”:
the number and type of your Identification document
To facilitate the choice of the options and a quicker issuance of the document, you should upload/attach the form concerning the request for documents:
» Download and fill in the file: Click HERE and go to the Forms’ webpage »»
Please note that after submitting successfully your message, you will receive an automatic message with the number of your request generated by the request management system. Keep it as proof and mention it whenever you want to refer to this request at the Academic Management Services - SGA (even in person at the Academic Centres of the SGA).
After your request’s handling you will receive a notification (email message) of the amount you have to pay and the payment methods, which, in most cases, is done by means of ATM references.
| in Person at the Academic In-Person Assistance of the Academic Management Services (SGA) operating in the Student Hub , by filling in the respective form.|
|» Download and fill in the file: Click HERE and go to the Forms’ webpage »»|
| By Regular Mail, using the respective form, addressed to:|
de Gestão Académica da UC
» Download and fill in the file: Click HERE and go to the Forms’ webpage »»
After your request’s handling you will receive a notification (email message) of the amount you have to pay and the payment methods, by means of ATM references.
DO NOT MAKE ANY EARLY PAYMENTS, VIA CHECK OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD, BEFORE THE ACADEMIC MANAGEMENT SERVICES CONTACT YOU.
How are the requests made at InforEstudante ?
procedure is as follows:
- First log in to InforEstudante and click "Academic Service>> Documents".
- Then, click the link “Select” and then "Generate New Document Request" in the upper right corner, which will move to the certificates’ menu screen.
- On this screen, you can see the certificate’s generic content (text) by clicking on the example file (a PDF file).
- After deciding which certificate you want, you must click on "Generate Document". »»You may see several options to choose from, for example, the academic year you want concerning a registration certificate.
- After confirming your choices, you will be given the ATM payment details so that you can pay the certificate.
- After the payment, your InforEstudante account will mention that the certificate has been paid (in green) and you will have access to the file containing the certificate.
- The authenticity and validity of this certificate is verified using the alphanumeric key that appears in the lower left corner of the certificate.
- The certificate can be validated and verified at https://verificacaodocumentos.uc.pt/ by any Portuguese or foreign institution.
- Whenever an entity receives a printed or an electronic copy of this document, it can validate it by means of the website that is mentioned on the document.
- At that website, the entity should enter the document's unequivocal code and a copy of the document will appear on the screen so that its content can be validated.
How to request Formal, Formal PhD or Formal Tenure Diplomas?
In order to request any of these Diplomas you should download, fill in and print the specific form.
Click HERE and go to the Forms’ webpage »»
Then, you may submit the form:
1. Preferably by means of the Online E-mail Form | Académicos UC, selecting the option “Student or Alumni” and then in the Request Type choosing “Certificate not included in InforEstudante”, or
2. In Person, at the Academic In-Person Assistance of the Academic Management Services (SGA) operating in the Student Hub, by filling in the respective form.
3. By Regular Mail, addressed to:
Serviço de Gestão Académica da UC
Divisão de Graduação e Formação
Edifício da FMUC - R/C dto.
How can you receive the documents in paper?
All the documents requested to the Academic Management Services will be handed out to each student (or a legal representative of the student):
- In person, and immediately if the request is done at the Academic Centres and the document can be issued immediately (situation that occurs in more than 50 per cent of the requests made to the Services).
- By Registered Mail (hand-to-hand), for all the other requests, including those documents whose issuance cannot be immediate.
With this type of shipment, a quicker delivery is ensured and students or alumni do not need to go to the Academic Centres.
It is essential that Students’ contacts should
be updated at InforEstudante (menu “General” / “Personal Data”), or that the Alumni insert the correct data when they submit a request.
How to obtain the curricular units' syllabus and workload hours?
The content delivered in the curricular units' classes which are associated with the Students registration, such as the number of ECTS credits, associated hours, syllabus, bibliography and Professor responsible for the curricular unit, are mentioned in a certificate of syllabus and workload hours per academic year.
These certificates are requested in the same way as any other certificate, but you have to take into account that some of them cannot be issued immediately at the moment of the request. The time in which they become available is different, depending on the number of curricular units and the time that has passed since the academic year in which these units were taught.
Check the fees concerning these documents at Table of Fees and Other Charges
Please note !
|The amount to be payed varies according to the requested documents whose value may be checked on the Table of Fees and other Charges of the UC.|
|Your request will only be completely submitted after the payment of the fee is made.|
|The payment may be made by means of ATM/paypal, using the ATM payment references that will be sent to you by the Academic Services.|
|Requests will only be accepted if they clearly indicate Full Name of the Student, number and type of Identification Document, number of Student and Course attended.|
personal data concerning the type, number and expiry date of
the identification document, are mandatory and must be updated so that the
UC Academic Services issue the requested documents:
the requests can be made using different means, there are frequently repetition
of requests sent by different means, which complicates the internal process of
those requests’ handling and delays their resolution. Therefore, the Academic
Management Services appeal to all Students for their understanding so as
to avoid these repetitions.|